ABC Grant Deadline FY2018
This is a friendly reminder that all Tennessee Arts Commission Arts Builds Communities (ABC) Grants are due in the online grant system by this Friday, June 30 by 11:59 p.m.
All applications must be completed in the online system. No paper applications will be accepted.
The Jackson Arts Council serves as the designated agency for the Tennessee Arts Commission to administer the ABC grant for the Southwest District which includes Chester, Decatur, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Madison and McNairy Counties. Contact us with any questions at email@example.com or call 731-423-2787.
The ABC grant program is designed to provide support for arts projects that broaden access to arts experiences, address community quality of life issues through the arts, or enhance the sustainability of asset-based cultural enterprises. ABC funds may be used to:
- Provide innovative arts experiences that are new or unfamiliar to community residents
- Offer arts programs that are designed to help affect positive change in community social issues
- Develop arts programming that strengthens social networks through community engagement
- Undertake cultural arts initiatives that enhance a community’s identity and/or economic development
- Offer training that helps experienced or emerging artists/arts administrators develop entrepreneurial skills or innovative strategies for building sustainability
The grant guidelines can be found on the Tennessee Arts Commission website.
The ABC grant program is funded by the Tennessee General Assembly and administered in cooperation with the Tennessee Arts Commission and the Jackson Arts Council. The long term objective of the Arts Build Communities Grant is to build communities by nurturing artists, arts organizations, and arts supporters in each of Tennessee’s 95 counties.