D-backs add LHP Anthony Vasquez to Jackson roster
Jackson, Tenn. -- In coordination with the Arizona Diamondbacks, the Jackson Generals announced Monday the addition of left-handed pitcher Anthony Vasquez to their active roster. In a separate roster move, Generals infielder Cody Decker was promoted to Triple-A Reno. Vasquez's addition at Jackson, combined with Decker's departure, keeps the active roster for the Generals at 24. Vasquez will start today's contest for the Generals against the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp.
BULLET BIO: LHP Anthony Vasquez
- 31 years old; born 9/19/86 in San Antonio, Texas
- Height/Weight: 6'0", 190 lbs.
- Drafted out of Southern Cal in 2009 MLB Draft by Seattle (Rd. 18)
- Pitched for the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx (2010) and Jackson Generals (2011, 2013) as a Seattle Mariners prospect
- 7 MLB starts with Seattle in 2011, featuring an 8.90 ERA
- Has thrown 100+ innings in each of the past three MiLB seasons
- 2017: 164.2 IP in the Detroit Tigers organization (AAA-Toledo, AA-Erie); 12-10 record, 3.83 ERA, 1.29 WHIP
- Career MiLB marks: 203 appearances, 73-63 record, 3.85 ERA
ROSTER MOVES - JACKSON GENERALS (AA-Arizona)
ADD: LHP Anthony Vasquez (jersey: #8)
DELETE: INF Cody Decker
**NUMBER CHANGE: RHP Taylor Widener will now wear #17 at Jackson
| Jackson Generals Baseball - #GreenMeansGo |
The baseball season has begun, but it's not too late to come see the Generals (or see them again)! The Generals are hosting the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp in a five-game series through April 9, and you can be there—call 731.988.5299 to order your tickets today! To buy tickets or team merchandise online, or for further information on the 2018 season, log on to JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com!