KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet Oct. 13-14 on
the UT Institute of Agriculture campus in Knoxville. The meeting of the full board will begin at
1 p.m. (EDT), Oct. 14, in Hollingsworth Auditorium and will be webcast live and archived for
later viewing. A link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Items on the full board agenda include:
• FY 2016-17 performance goals under the performance incentive payment plan for university
• Limited duration appointment and compensation of an executive vice president and chief
• Appointment and compensation of the UT Martin chancellor
• Appointment and compensation of the chief financial officer
Various committees and subcommittees will convene on both days of meetings, and all
sessions will be held in Hollingsworth Auditorium. New subcommittees will meet to discuss
their functions and anticipated meeting schedules. One subcommittee will have a public
rulemaking hearing on the proposed UT Knoxville student code of conduct.
The meeting schedule is as follows:
Thursday, Oct. 13
• 8:30 a.m. – Subcommittee on Student Conduct, Rights, and Responsibilities/Public
Rulemaking Hearing on proposed UT Knoxville Student Code of Conduct
• 10:15 – Subcommittee on Community and Alumni Relations
• 11 – Subcommittee on Nonacademic Programs
• 11:45 – Subcommittee on Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid
• 1:15 p.m. – University Life Committee
• 2 – Advancement and Public Affairs Committee (Members of the public have requested to
speak on past and future salary increases and on the outsourcing of facilities services.)
• 3:15 – Academic Affairs and Student Success Committee
UT BOARD OF TRUSTEES, Page 2
Friday, Oct. 14
• 8 a.m. – Executive and Compensation Committee
• 9 – Subcommittee on Efficiency and Cost Savings
• 9:15 – Finance and Administration Committee
• 11 – Athletics Committee (compliance education program for trustees)
• 1 p.m. – Full board meeting
The full agenda and materials for all meetings will be posted at
trustees.tennessee.edu/. Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may
contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate
attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and
should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, Oct. 5.
The University of Tennessee System distributes this notice to all faculty and staff as part of its
compliance with the adequate public notice requirement of state open meetings law.
For more information, contact Gina Stafford, UT Office of Communications and Marketing, at
865-974- 0741 or by email at email@example.com.